Target Audience

 My film is targeted at a teenage audience, although this is quite broad as I feel that older viewers can watch it to evoke a sense of nostalgia for the past. I would also say that it can be enjoyed by all genders and backgrounds. I was inspired by films such as Superbad and Booksmart, as they have comedic relatable characters which explore the themes of adolescence. However, I want to explore the early years of adolescence in my film, doing so lightheartedly and encouraging the audience to find humour in the failures of these characters who are just trying to fit in. I think a mature audience up to about the age of 30 will also enjoy the film, as again they laugh at the character's misfortune as they reflect on their own adolescence. The film is set in the modern-day, which we can see in the mise-en-scene and cultural references made throughout the film. However, I think that the situations these characters face are ones that can be relatable to people who have grown up in the 90s-now. The film is inappropriate for audiences under the age of 15, however, due to the intake of alcohol shown and the mild swearing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graphics Plan Short Film

Over (2015): Short Film Research

Over (2015)